08.00-4.30pm Monday to Friday
Location: Cancer and Wellness Centre corner Service and Haverfield St
Phone Medical Day Treatment Unit 03 5485 5239 or Nurse Unit Manager on 03 5485 5225
- Clients receive medical day treatments such as blood transfusions and other medical infusions/medication therapy or venesections to treat chronic medical conditions.
- Treatments will only be given within the hours of operation. Clients needing treatments and care for more than 6-8 hours will not qualify for medical day unit admission.
- Patients must be ambulatory and of stable condition suitable to receive treatment in a day unit setting.
- Clients who are unwell with an acute condition may need further assessment and referral to have treatment on the medical ward as an inpatient.
- Pediatrics are to be directed to ERH Bed Managers
- Referrals are accepted from GP VMO or medical practices with admitting rights to ERH.
- Where possible please use appropriate request forms ie Blood Transfusion form or medical same day treatment: request forms.
- Referrals to be faxed to MDTU on 54855239.
- There is no charge to public clients.
- Clients may elect to use their private health insurance – please enquire for further information on our “no gaps” policy.