Supporting everyone to be healthy and live well

History of ERH

  • 1882 First patient admitted to hospital
  • 1890 New south wing of the hospital was built
  • 1907 Operating Theatre, Nurses Home and Doctors’ accommodation constructed
  • 1925 Installation of the first x-ray plant
  • 1938 Opening of Camray Ward
  • 1962 Construction of Midwifery Unit – Rose Baker Wing
  • 1965 Soldiers’ Memorial Wing refurbished to geriatric ward
  • 1968 The opening of Johnstone Wing
  • 1970 Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy services commenced
  • 1975 Establishment of the new Day Hospital
  • 1978 Lumeah Nursing Home opened
  • 1993 Echuca District Hospital became Echuca Regional Health
  • 1999 Completion of the Hopwood Centre (Primary Care)
  • 2003 Glanville Village aged care service opened
  • 2006 Opening of the Alan Henry Thrum Operating Theatre
  • 2008 Official opening of the Community Rehabilitation Centre
  • 2009 Commencement of Master Plan process for new hospital
  • 2010 Feasibility study and schematic designs commenced
  • 2011 $65.6 million secured for hospital redevelopment
  • 2012 Construction commenced on the new and expanded Echuca hospital
  • 2014 Official opening of the new Echuca hospital stage one
  • 2015 Completion and official opening of stage two
  • 2016 Installation of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
  • 2017 Opening of the Short Stay Unit and new ERH Public Café