Visiting Patients in Hospital
For further information, contact the Nurse Unit Manager during business hours, or the Nurse In Charge out of hours.
Switchboard: 54 855 000
Whilst visitor restrictions are no longer mandated by the Health Minister, our hospital remains committed to balancing every patient’s need for contact with family and friends, with protecting our vulnerable patients from the risk of exposure to COVID 19.
Visitor restrictions remain in place for all care facilities.
Visiting a Residential Aged Care Facility is not covered by this brochure – refer below for Glanville Village guidance.
COVIDSafe practices for visitors include:
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask
- individuals who have tested positive in the last 7 days must not visit hospitals
- individuals who have had close contact with positive cases in the last 7 days should not visit hospitals
- individuals who have been tested for COVID-19 and have not yet received their result, should not visit care facilities
- visitors may consider doing a rapid antigen test on the day of the visit (or as required by local arrangements for hospitals and care facilities)
*Any exceptions to the exclusion criteria listed above can only be approved by the Chief Nurse or the Chief Medical Officer.
Whilst strict restrictions to visiting have eased, we ask that only visitors providing necessary care and support attend the health service, rather than those attending for social purposes.
This ongoing restraint will allow us to promote a safe, restful and restorative environment for our patients.
11:00 am – 1:00 pm daily
3:00pm – 7:00pm daily
(entry prior to 6 pm to allow time for screening)
Rest Period 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Please limit visiting during rest period to allow patients to rest and recover from a busy morning of hygiene, doctor rounds, treatment, therapy and exercise.
ED, HDU & Chemo will continue to restrict numbers to support social distancing and promote safe patient care.
The following are entry requirements for care facilities:
- Visitor hours are between 10:00am and 6:00pm daily.
- Residents at care facilities can have up to five visitors per day if the visitors show evidence of a negative result from a rapid antigen test taken at the care facility on the same day of the visit.
- If rapid antigen tests cannot be obtained, the resident may have up to two visitors a day.
- All visits must take place in residents’ bedrooms or outside, (children are encouraged to visit outside if they cannot wear masks).
- Visitors must wear an N95 at all time when on site. Under no circumstances are they to be removed. These will be provided by Glanville Village.
- Do not visit if you have a fever OR chills OR acute respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, or loss or changes in sense of smell or taste) headache, myalgia, stuffy nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or have been a close contact with a person diagnosed COVID-19 positive.
- For end of life visits, please contact the facility for additional information.
For enquiries for Glanville Village, please call (03) 5485 5465.