|Hours:||8.30am - 5.00pm|
|Location:||Echuca Regional Health Main Entrance, 226 Service Street|
|Phone:||03 5485 5986|
When you are admitted to hospital, please bring with you:
- Medicare Card, Healthcare card, Concession Card and/or Safety Net Card
- All your own medications for the pharmacist to review
- Any information given to you, concerning your medications
Cost of medications when discharged from hospital will vary in price. The Echuca Regional Health Pharmacy Department claims medications under the PBS system, so it is essential that you have your current concession card/healthcare card with you so that we can bill you appropriately.
The Echuca Regional Health Pharmacy Department provides an extensive range of pharmacy services to Echuca Regional Health and small rural hospitals in the region. These services include:
- Clinical pharmacy service on inpatient wards to ensure the selection of the best medication at the correct dose for an appropriate duration
- Monitoring and preventing or minimising side effects and drug interactions
- Reviewing inpatient’s admission medication history, inpatient medication orders and discharge prescriptions
- Providing medication counselling to inpatients
- Review doses an manufacture medications for cancer treatment, including chemotherapy
- Offering specialist medication therapy and monitoring advice to doctors and other healthcare professionals
Our pharmacists are essential members of the clinical teams and have a critical role in safe medication management. They specialise in medication safety, antimicrobial stewardship and oncology. The Pharmacy Department is also responsible for maintaining the electronic medication management system and the automated medication dispensing devices, two systems in which Echuca Regional Health is leading the way to use technology to reduce the incidence of medication errors.
For further information, please don’t hesitate to contact the Pharmacy Department.
Departments and Services In Patient Services Pharmacy