|Hours:||8.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday|
|Location:||The Hopwood Centre, Leichardt St, Echuca|
|Phone:||03 5485 5801|
|Fax:||03 5485 5833|
The Occupational Therapy department uses activities and aids to prevent and overcome physical, emotional or social disabilities in people of all ages. Independence in all aspects of daily living is the objective.
Referrals are accepted from medical practitioners, allied health practitioners and health care agencies.
The Occupational Therapists work with:
- Inpatients, outpatients, inpatient rehabilitation and Transition Care Program of Echuca Regional Health
- People living in the Echuca/Moama and the surrounding communities
- Clients of the rehabilitation programs such as Community Rehabilitation Centre and community Palliative care program.
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) clients
- Clients funded under HACC (Home and Community Care program) which is now called CHSP (Commonwealth Home Support Program) and HACC PYP (HACC Program for Younger People).
Areas of service:
- Splinting and hand function
- Home assessment
- Relaxation therapy
- Assessment and treatment relating to everyday activities
- Back care education
- Prescription / Applying for aids and equipment funding through the Victorian Government
- Upper limb function
- Cognitive function
- Personal alarm system
- Wheelchair and Scooter Assessment
- Short term Equipment Loans when discharge from Echuca Regional Health
- Over-toilet frames
- Shower chairs
This service is supported by funding from the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments under the HACC program
Consultations for patients in the community:
- $15.50 per consultation
- $10.10 per consultation for holders of a Health Care Card or under 18 years
These fees apply to the first eight visits of an episode of care. After this time a review of the fees will be made if required.
Compensable patients will be charged according to the schedule rate.
Fees do not apply for services to:
- Inpatients and outpatients of Echuca Regional Health.
A $30.00 surcharge applies for most equipment loans after the first month of your discharge from Hospital
Departments and Services Allied Health Occupational Therapy