Echuca Regional Health confirms that a 44 year old male who presented to our Emergency Department (ED) last week has tested positive for Coronavirus.
The male who tested positive followed all protocols on his return from overseas and is now self-isolating in the community as his symptoms are mild and not requiring hospitilsation, however, monitoring is in place.
We can advise that ERH is strictly adhering to the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services Criteria and guidelines for screening and testing of people who present to our ED wanting to be checked. These guidelines are being followed by all health services across Victoria and these guidelines are being regularly updated by the Department as more information comes to hand.
We will continue to do our upmost to provide safe care to our patients and protect our workforce and the community during this time of uncertainty. We have all necessary plans in place to support an increase in positive cases, and will continue to adapt to the ever changing landscape of COVID-19.
Changes we will implement from today include:
• Volunteer services will be put on hold until further notice
• Visitor restriction will be tightened and implemented across all ERH services including Glanville Village Aged Care.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank those community members who have supported our recommendations on reducing visitation to our health service, however, over the weekend, we have seen many more than the recommended visitor numbers, along with many children also coming to visit. This places our patients, staff and the community at greater risk.
With this in mind, from today, please see below for our updated visitor guidelines to our health service until further notice:
• Only ESSENTIAL visitation will be allowed
• Visiting hours will be between 4pm and 8pm daily
• Only one person at a time will be permitted to visit.
• Patients in isolation will have further restrictions on visitation – families are advised to check with the nurse in charge prior to visiting
• Children 16 and under will not be permitted to visit
• Families with special circumstances are advised to contact the nurse in charge prior to visiting to discuss their specific needs
We thank you all for supporting us to provide the best care to our patients and support our community to be healthy and live well.
For up to date information on COVID-19, please visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus