Due to the current Coronavirus situation, ERH will be suspending all work experience for 2020 until further notice.
Please see below important dates for applications, closing dates and work experience:
- Applications are open now for Echuca College students only and will close Midnight Thursday 30 April 2020. Work experience from 11 May to 15 May
- Applications will be open from 24 April 2020 for St Joseph’s College and River City College students and will close Midnight Friday 5 June 2020. Work experience from 22 June to 26 June
- Applications will be open from 21 September 2020 for Moama Grammar students and will close Midnight Friday 16 October 2020. Work experience from 23 November to 27 November
Please be mindful that these are the set dates for the year, we are unable to accommodate work experience requests outside of these dates.
ERH is committed in 2020 to offering each of our local secondary schools in the area (minimum age of 15 years), one week of placement for a total of 10 places. Due to demand and in agreement with local secondary schools, students from the area will be given first preference where demand is high for positions however all interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
So apply now! Be quick as there are only limited positions available.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online here:
If you experience technical difficulty please contact: 1300 366 356 for assistance.
Applications must include:
- A covering letter which clearly states:
- A) The Secondary school you attend
- The area/stream you wish to apply for
- The reason you would like to do work experience at Echuca Regional Health
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students are encouraged to identify.
- A Resume.
ERH in consultation with each school will review the applications and select the 10 students who will be offered positions during their schools allocated week.
Echuca Regional Health (ERH) is committed to supporting secondary school students to pursue a career in the health care industry by:
- Delivering a one week work experience program for up to 40 secondary school students each year.
- Participation in formal Careers Days as organised by, and held at, individual local secondary schools.
- Participating in formal careers expos in partnership with organisations such as the Echuca/Moama BEACON Foundation.
- Encouraging and supporting leadership in secondary school students through participation in the Echuca/Moama BEACON Foundation.
- Facilitation of opportunities for individual students to meet and discuss careers with ERH employees.
- Conducting small group tours for students and teachers.
The ERH Work Experience program
The Echuca Regional Health Work Experience Program offers local secondary school students (aged 15 years and above) the opportunity to experience various careers within the hospital setting.
Nursing/Medicine: which may include Emergency, Theatre, Community Nursing, Medical Ward, Maternity, Rehabilitation and Education (Clinical Support Nurse)
Allied Health Stream: which may include Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Dental, Dietetics and Pharmacy
Corporate Services Stream: which may include Kitchen/Café involving learning how to prepare food and beverages for the ERH Café along with preparing meals for our patients, residents, visitors and staff. Further rotations include orderly/patient porter, supply and purchasing supplies for the hospital.
Trade Stream: which will provide opportunities for exposure to a variety of areas such as general maintenance of buildings, plant and equipment, compliance with standards and codes, Electrical, Plumbing, and Engineering.
Health Administration Stream: which may include Human Resources, Education, Information Technology, Occupational Health and Safety, Executive Administration,
Finance/Accounting Stream: which may include Finance/ accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable.
The program aims to provide a supportive learning environment for students by:
- Providing orientation and induction to work areas for all students, AND
- Offering support from educators and staff
Please note that work experience placements are voluntary and students require a satisfactory National Police Check before they commence placement.
Please contact the Education Department at email@example.com or phone 5485 5286 to discuss your career options and to find out more.
Education Education Programs Work Experience for Secondary School Students