The ERH Education Department provides education and training services both within Echuca Regional Health and in the broader community. The Education team provide program coordination, clinical teaching, clinical supervision and plan and deliver multidisciplinary evidence based education sessions for students, graduates, new and existing staff across all areas of the Hospital.
ERH has a strong commitment to growing its own workforce. This is evident through the hospitals commitment to providing career opportunities to secondary school students, offering clinical placement to over 350 tertiary students per year, totalling over 2600 clinical placement days annually. The Education also department delivers approximately 350 education sessions per year and hosts its own Learning Management System to provide online learning opportunities for all employees.
The objectives of the ERH Education department are:
- To be the primary resource within ERH for supporting and facilitating the development of clinical skills and knowledge within our workforce,
- To promote and deliver multidisciplinary education and training that is based on identified needs and utilises contemporary methods of teaching and learning,
- To recognise the critical importance of work experience, undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate clinical placement and support education programs that grow the ERH future workforce,
- To design and deliver education programs that balance quality and quantity in all aspects of clinical teaching.
Echuca Regional Health, with the support of the University of Melbourne, La Trobe University and GoTAFE renovated and refurbished a former aged care facility in 2011. It now provides a state-of-the-art teaching and accommodation facility for tertiary medical, nursing and allied health students. The project cost was $5 million.
- Accommodation, kitchens, dining rooms, laundry and bathrooms for 36 people.
- IT training hub including computer laboratory and library.
- Lecture theatre accommodating up to 50 people.
- Simulation facility with a skills laboratory and procedure room.
- Meeting rooms and offices for the team of education staff.
The facility provides integrated training and accommodation for students and staff of Echuca Regional Health.
The facilities are utilised for a wide range of health related training activities.
The Education Department can be contacted Monday to Friday on (03) 5485 5280 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Education ERH Education Centre Education Department