Please see below visitor restrictions as at Saturday 25 July 2020.
General Ward and Rehab Wards
- 2-3pm each day for authorised visitors
- Maximum of one visitor allowed per day
- No children under 16
- Maximum one support person per patient
- All screening requirements apply to support persons
High Dependency Unit
- 3-4pm each day for authorised visitors
- Maximum of one visitor allowed per day – immediate family only
Women during labour
- Women may have one nominated support person with them during their admission
- The support person must meet visitor screening requirements and be over 16
- Only one support person to be present in the home when community staff visit
- Visitors at the discretion of the manager
- Paediatrics may have one parent with them at a time
Visits must be pre-arranged and approved prior to visiting
Do NOT visit if you:
- Are from a Melbourne ‘hot-spot’ suburb
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 or are awaiting your test results
- Have returned to Australia from overseas in the last 14 days
- Had known contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Have a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees or respiratory symptoms such as;
- Breathlessness or breathing difficulties
- Sore throat
- Fatigue or tiredness
All visitors will be screened on entry to the health service
All approved visitors MUST:
- Have their temperature taken and provide their post code on entry
- Use the alcohol-based hand sanitiser after using the lifts, holding railings and every time you enter or exit a patient’s room.
- Stay in the patient’s room at all times and limit movement around the health service.
- Limit the number of personal items you bring with you.
- Leave the hospital when the visit is over. Do not wander through hallways or spend time in public areas including the main entrance, waiting area or ERH Café.
- Practice physical distancing at all times.
- Visitors who are caring for a patient with special needs may be able to spend more time with the patient at the discretion of the Nurse in Charge.
- Long stay patients (longer than 7 days) may require more support, please speak with nurse in charge to discuss specific needs.
- Additional visitation will be considered in exceptional circumstances (end of life care) and require approval by the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or Nurse/Midwife in charge.
- Visiting hours are between 12noon – 6pm.
- Glanville Village permits one visitor per resident per day for maximum one hour
- Limit of 1 visitor, once per day, for a maximum of 1 hour
- Limit of 2 visitors at any one time for the purpose of providing end of life support to a resident
- Limit of 1 visitor at any one time for the purpose of providing essential care and support (e.g. Meals) or for the purpose of providing a resident with immediate emotional and social wellbeing (e.g. supporting a resident with cognitive decline)
- Please contact Glanville reception on 03 5485 5465 for further details.